Crispy Pork Belly will give you tender and crispy taste if you use vinegar or lemon juice on skin and the oven should be very hot but in a bath of milk, you should cook them slowly as it has been written by the recipe owner, Annabel Langbein. This recipe needs the total time for about 2 hours and 5 minutes. With five ingredients you could make 6 servings.
- Skin scored pork belly: 1 to 1.2 kg
- Lemon juice or white vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Sage leaves: 2 to 3
- Milk, wine or cider: 2 to 2 ½ cups
- Salt and grinds of pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Prepare and preheat the oven to 240 degrees C.
- Pat skin of meat and dry it. For the flesh side, use salt and pepper to season.
- In the base of roasting dish or metal baking, place sage leaves and arrange pork on top so the skin-side up.
- Over the top, brush vinegar or lemon juice to make the skin crisp and use salt to sprinkle.
- Spend 20 to 30 minutes to roast at 240 degrees C and the skin should be blister or crackle. Watch it and pour milk or cider or wine around meat for half to two thirds up the sides of pork and reduce the heat to 160 degrees C.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours further so it has meltingly tender meat and you need to check the level of liquid while cooking. Add more to pan if necessary in case that the liquid has dried. Remove pork from oven and let it cool. Lift out of pan and on board.
- Use heavy and sharp knife for easiest cutting and slice the flesh side-up for about 3 to 4 cm of thick. Serve warm the Crispy Pork Belly.