Indeed, eating too much biscuit might make you gain weight. If you want to keep an eye to your weight, you need to make biscuits on your own. Why? It is because you can watch out for the amount of fat and sugar in the recipe’s ingredients. So, what about home-made diet biscuit then? There are many recipes for it, actually? One of them is Ginger Nuts recipe.
The Ingredients for Making Ginger Nuts
Ginger Nuts are basically spicy and crunchy biscuits. If you ask what ingredients used to make it, there is not that much thing to prepare. 15 minutes are enough time for you to prepare them all. But, remember that if you do make Ginger Nuts based on this diet biscuit recipe, you still need to watch out how much you eat them to avoid weight gain.
As it was said earlier, you will need to prepare some ingredients only. Although there are only some of them, make sure you have them all. Here are the ingredients.
- 85 grams of plain white flour
- 85 grams of plain whole meal flour
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 50 grams of butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
The Directions for Making Ginger Nuts
So, are you curious as to how to make this Ginger Nuts recipe? If you need 15 minutes to do the preparation, you will need more time to cook all of those ingredients and make them into Ginger Nuts. Yes, it will need around 25 minutes to get everything done. This recipe of diet biscuit will result in 12 servings. It is pretty much, isn’t it?
Even so, it is enough number to serve to your family or your guests. Share with them if you don’t want to gain weight from eating it on your own. Many people will surely like this diet biscuit, so it is worth to make it. Here are the directions.
- Preheat oven to 190⁰C
- Sift white flour, whole meal flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger, and cinnamon into a bowl
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a pan over low heat
- Bind melted mixture with flour mixture together by stirring both of them
- Take a small amount of dough, roll it in hand, and press it flat into thick biscuit
- Stamp out decorative shapes on it with shaped biscuit cutter
- Place them on a greased baking sheet
- Bake for around 8 to 10 minutes
- Cool them down on a baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes
- Move them to wire rack to cool completely